Emails are the basic form of communications in the commerical world. Using appropriate tone in writing emails are the fundamentals of success in business world.
This course is jointly prepared by SLACA and Spear Translation, which is the largest linguistic body in Asia. It is offered for undergraduates and working adults who are seeking for a formal commercial email training. This programme blends both theoretical and practical knowledge in writing any commercial emails, and explains how to use 4-Step Theory to deal with specific circumstances. Case Studies are introduced and some major topics such as reply to complaint emails, writing to approach potential clients are covered.
This 2-day course comes with a homework assessment and students are expected to have achieved improvements in their English and Commercial writing skills after taking this course.
Course code: FT/C/CEW015A
- Use of Email in Foreign Trade
- 4-Step Theory in writing emails
- Steps of writing bad news emails
- How to approach a potential client via email
- Case Studies
By the end of the course, you are able to:
- Write professional emails strategically
- Analyze the character of a writer through observing his/her emails
- Achieve great improvements in commercial english
Students who have passed the homework assessment and attended all lessons (total 2 lessons) will be entitled to receive a Certification given by Spear Translation.
- Undergraduates and working adults who are seeking for a formal commercial email training
- Individuals who wish to improve their skills in writing English Commercial Emails
Anyone who has completed F.5 secondary education and possesses a Pass in English CE Examination.
Mr B.F Fox, responsible for business development department in Asia region at Spear Translation, he is majored in sociology. He is also an accredited mediator.
Ms. Amends Hung, responsible for quality management department at Spear Translation. She possesses a master degree in English and a degree in Business.
(Wednesday & Thursday)
2-3/12/2015 (Section 20) | 9-10/12/2015 (Section 21) | 16-17/12/2015 (Section 22)
6-7/1/2016 (Section 23) | 13-14/1/2016 (Section 24) | 20-21/1/2016 (Section 25)
Time: 19:00 – 20:30 (1.5 hour per lesson; 2 lessons in total)
Room 1, 23/F., Futura Plaza 111-113 How Ming Street, Kwun Tong, Kowloon, Hong Kong
10/F, Sheng Asia Innovation and Technology Building, no. 40. Tianyuan Road, Tianhe, Guangzhou, China
**Students have to submit homework for progress evaluation.
Member: $1700 ; Non-member: $1800
For early bird registration (before 1 Dec 2015): $1600 (check out more at “Loyalty Scheme”)
**Course Materials included
- Students presenting any valid university card are entitled to redeem HK$100.
- A reward of HK$100 for every successful referral and earn up to $400 per programme.
Press here for our leaflet.
For enquiries, please contact us at 2609 3277 or email at Info@Slaca.org